
So while Tim is in Montana this week preaching to 250 Jr. High kids, I thought I would drive 8 hours, just me and the boys, to visit my parents. I had a feeling it would be fun because they have this beautiful house right on the lake but little did I know just how great it would be...it's been 32 degrees (about 90 degrees American), sunny, the lake is actually warm and Ben has learned to swim, Joey has been a constant source of entertainment for his Oma and Opa, and I have read two books and admired how fun my kids really are.
So this has been my schedule for the last 4 days: wake up, eat breakfast on the deck overlooking the lake, swim, nap, eat lunch, swim, nap, eat dinner,one last swim or coffee on the dock watching the ospreys, beavers, one teenage black bear (if he lets himself be seen), sleep. Of course having my sister here has been super(it's fun to try and remember how we used to dance to ABBA songs in the lake). Ahhh...I am blessed!
4 comments:
amazing stuff - true heaven! i'm so glad you braved the long drive - i am braving a plane ride with my 3 in a few weeks to spokane - yikes! your blog gave hope though - its all worth it when it is so relaxing to be home (with the parents anyway).
clara has learned to swim too! she is in swim lessons this week and she is crazy fearless -it is a blast, sometimes i feel like crying watching her accross the pool being all on her own and such a "big girl" but mostly i am just so excited for her.
wow! you are brave flying with the three kids! we actually had a lot of fun counting cows and talking and singing...Ben is really fun right now; Joey is ...well though he's not quite 2 yet, there are definately ecstastic ups and dramatic downs and there were a few tears on the drive. But all in all it's been worth it for sure.
I need to get Ben in lessons this year. I'm glad I still have Joey to hold in the water :)
So fun! I am sure that your parents are thrilled to have all of you there! Give your sister a squeeze! I would love to have your help with the wedding music...email me. kbressi@yahoo.com
can you say jealous?
sounds so very cool...
can i go visit your parents too?
:)
Post a Comment